Links to articles that talk about the CISSP certification
I would like to thank Mr. James W. Meritt, CISSP, CISA firstname.lastname@example.org
, Mr. Kurt Steiner, GSEC - GCIH email@example.com
, Mr Ken M. Shaurette Ken.firstname.lastname@example.org
, and Mr. Allen Keele email@example.com
for allowing me to use their list of links.
Your support of the CISSP Open Study Guides web site is greatly appreciated.
This collection of articles is very interesting, they tell you about the certification, what it is all about, the history, how well it is recognized, what is the value of it, the organizations that support it, and a lot more. It is a must read for newcomers as well as old timers of the certification.
If you come across any other links not listed, please forward them to firstname.lastname@example.org
for inclusion on this list.
1. "Testing Your Mettle: The Six-Hour, 250-Question CISSP Exam"http://certcities.com/editorial/exams/story.asp?EditorialsID=25
2. "Secure With Your Security Pros' http://www.computerworld.com/softwaretopics/software/appdev/story/0,10801,48432,00.html
3. "New IS Security Requisites "http://www.informationweek.com/765/65uwjm.htm
4. "Security Demand Increases"http://www.antiOnline.com/2001/07/03/DMRG/0000-5784-KEYWORD.Missing.html
5. "Hunt for Security" http://www.informationweek.com/632/32mtsec.htm
6. "Need Security? Get a real expert!"http://www.informationweek.com/780/80uwjm.htm
7. "Secure With Your Security Pros"http://www.computerworld.com/cwi/story/0,1199,NAV47_STO48432,00.html
8. "FAA to develop security certification"http://www.fcw.com/fcw/articles/2000/0814/web-faa-08-15-00.asp
9. "BNA'S HEALTH CARE POLICY REPORT ISSN 1068-1213 BNA 11-23-98"http://www.isc2.org/newscissparticles.html#BNA
10. "Computers at Risk - Safe Computing in the Information Age"http://www.isc2.org/newscissparticles.html#risk
11. "A Look at CISSP Certification"http://www.scmagazine.com/scmagazine/1998_04/lastword/lastword.html
12. "Should you take the CISSP exam?"http://www.gocsi.com/cissp.htm
13. "New security certification program draws feds"http://www.gcn.com/vol20_no3/news/3641-1.html
14. "What Does CISSP Mean?"http://www.miora.com/articles/art-cissp.html
15. "Certification: For Professionals Only "http://www.scmagazine.com/scmagazine/9705/article4.html
16. "Stay Safe In An Unsafe World"http://www.informationweek.com/784/security.htm
17. "Sizing up Security Services "http://www.computerworld.com/cwi/story/0,1199,NAV47-81_STO54345,00.html
18. "Wanted: Security Superman"http://www.computerworld.com/cwi/story/0,1199,NAV47_STO51025,00.html
19. "Some security training and certification options "http://www.fcw.com/supplements/Security/2000/sec-cert-04-10-00.asp
20. "FAA infosec workers get lift "http://www.fcw.com/fcw/articles/2000/0918/mgt-faa-09-18-00.asp
21. "Does Your Organization Need a CISSP?"http://advisor.com/Articles.nsf/aid/SHAUK03
A FEW MORE LINKS FROM CLEMENT
1. "Certifiably Secured"http://iwsun4.infoworld.com/articles/ca/xml/01/07/09/010709casecurity.xml
2. "Survey points out that lack of training is first barrier to improved network security"http://iwsun4.infoworld.com/articles/op/xml/00/10/16/001016opswatch_cto.xml
3. "Professional Profile: Cheryl Jackson, CISSP, CBCP"
4. "Waiting on Windows 2000; CISSP Certification"http://www.win2000mag.com/Articles/Index.cfm?ArticleID=7122
5. "What is a CISSP"http://www.netaxs.com/~vossenjp/security/security.html#cissp
6. "CISSP and SANS certification compared"http://www.101com.com/solutions/security/article.asp?articleid=568
7. "Becoming the Consummate Certified Security Professional"http://www.101com.com/solutions/security/article.asp?ArticleID=571
8. "Chief Security Officer (CSO) training requires range of skills"http://www.unisysworld.com/monthly/2001/05/cso.shtml
9. "Security Workers in Short Supply"http://www.internetweek.com/security/secure041901.htm
10. "A secure career awaits"http://www.pscu.com/articles/2001/March/article1018.htm
11. "Insecurities securing the security career path" http://home.techies.com/Common/Career/200006/Main/Rung060100_m.jsp
12. "0x04: Security Certification (CISSP) "http://napalm.firest0rm.org/issue6.html#cissp
13. "Is your career on track"http://www.landerint.com/career/tawarticle.htm
4. "Security for the Little Guy: If you don't have fortune 500 bucks to spend how do you protect your business online?
THE LINKS BELOW WERE PROVIDED BY: Allen Keele
1. "Just how tough is it to become a CISSP?"http://www.techrepublic.com/article_guest.jhtml?id=r00220030523gcn01.htm&page=1
2. "Security certs may be mandatory for IT pros in financial and healthcare fields"http://www.techrepublic.com/article_guest.jhtml?id=r00220030502ake01.htm&page=1
THE LINK BELOW WAS PROVIDED BY: Mitchell Rowton
1. "Is the CISSP becoming Watered Down?"http://www.attackprevention.com/ap/library/cisspwater.htm
LINKS BELOW WERE PROVIDED BY: Kurt Steiner
These links do not specifically cover the CISSP certification but they are very informative for someone that wishes to be employed in the field of security or wishes to persue a security career, they are good orientation articles.
1. "Companies Need Security Pros With More Varied Skills - July 09, 2001"http://computerworld.com/nlt/1%2C3590%2CNAV64_STO61965_NLTc%2C00.html
2. "Getting Started In Computer Forensics - July 09, 2001"http://computerworld.com/nlt/1%2C3590%2CNAV64_STO61876_NLTc%2C00.html
3. "Deadly Pursuit - July 09, 2001"http://computerworld.com/nlt/1%2C3590%2CNAV64_STO61884_NLTc%2C00.html
4. "The Guardian - July 09, 2001"http://computerworld.com/nlt/1%2C3590%2CNAV64_STO61984_NLTc%2C00.html
LINKS BELOW WERE PROVIDED BY: Ken M. Shaurette
These links do not specifically cover the CISSP certification but talks about the Certified Information System Auditor (CISA) certification. It seems that a lot of CISSP's become CISA certified and also a lot of CISA certified practitioners become CISSP certified. This is two of the leading security and auditing certifications on the market.
1. "International Recognition Fuels CISAR Growth"http://www.osu.edu/units/uts/isaca-centralohio/articles/article1_3-99.htm
2. "International Recognition Fuels Rapid Growth of CISA Certification"http://www.osu.edu/units/uts/isaca-centralohio/articles/article2_9-98.htm
3. "What's Happening In The IS Audit Job Market?"http://www.osu.edu/units/uts/isaca-centralohio/articles/article1_9-98.htm